call us toll free:

Monday - Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Where Can You Get a Passport When You Relinquish Your US One?

So you've decided to give up your passport and/or your green card and leave the United States, now what? You'll need a foreign passport to replace your US passport, so where you go?

Well the latest Henley Passport Index ranking has just been released, with Japan and Singapore retaining a firm hold on first place, each with a visa-free/visa-on-arrival score of 190 out of a maximum 227. The biggest climber this quarter is the UAE, up an extraordinary five places to 15thposition. 

As they have done throughout the index’s history, countries offering investment migration programs continue to perform strongly.
Moving up from the 16th place position it held last quarter, Cyprus for instance, now holds 14th place, with Cypriot citizens able to access 173 destinations around the world without a visa. Malta retains its strong 7th-place position with a visa-free/visa-on-arrival score of 183, while Antigua and Barbuda has risen to 28th place with a score of 149 after gaining access to Russia. 

Malta has one of the strongest passports in the world and is performing exceedingly well in terms of fiscal health. The country expects to post its fourth fiscal surplus in as many years in 2019, making it one of the most financially dynamic countries in the EU. These statistics speak for themselves, as does the growing interest in the investment migration industry from investors seeking global mobility and sovereign states looking to strengthen and diversify their economies.

Should I Stay or Should I Go?

 Need Advise on Expatriation …  


Contact the Tax Lawyers of
Marini & Associates, P.A.
for a FREE Tax Consultation contact us at: or or 
Toll Free at 888-8TaxAid ((888) 882-9243)   

Read more at: Tax Times blog

Comments are closed.